Project 1 Logo

For this project, we had to create a logo of a fictional or possibly real company, using Illustrator. My company is called LearnAble. It is a fictional private tutoring company owned and run by myself, focusing on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) tutoring.


The logo is based on the "teacher's apple," along with the pun on the words of Learn and Able. It has a scribbled background and leaf to indicate its relation to the grade-school age crowd.  
The hexagon in the middle and the inside strokes are not random - it represents a part of a molecule found in almost all fruits. It is called an aromatic ring. The ring is what makes an apple, well, aromatic, and contributes to the fruity flavor. This addition brings the suggestion of the tutoring company having a scientific background. 


This was the first sketch. I did not trace over it and it only served as the beginning idea. 
As for the actual execution, I used the pen tool to create an apple shape. I used the primitive shape tool and line tools to create the benzene ring. Then I used the text tool to write in the ring. The red background coloring and leaf coloring were made using the "scribble" style Illustrator offers. I also added the leaf to add a dash of color, so it wasn't all just black and red. 

Overall, I think it is a relatively successful logo design. The colors aren't abrasive, the image is pleasing to the eye, and it gets the message across. It can also be shrunken down to a smaller size, and it remains recognizable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment